It’s finally Sunday! I’ve survived a whole shift of work and managed to get through the first five days of MMJ with relative ease. I’m sure that will change as the month progresses and I have to start repeating items, so for now I’ll take it. As of tomorrow, I’m off work from work Monday through Friday, and I plan to use these days to my advantage to complete some items that have been sitting on my waiting list:
– brown slub knit cardigan using this pattern from Burda
– tank dress with help from Megan Nielsen’s DIY Fridays post
– Cynthia Rowley 2593 in a vibrant watercolor voile – all cut & ready to go!
– Cynthia Rowley 2587 (tank version)
– Challenge project: Simplicity 2258 (capris). I have never sewn pants before (with the exception of pj pants)… so this could be interesting. We’ll see how much time I end up having.
On to today’s outfit – my first attempt at sewing with knits:
Tunic- McCall’s M5662 (OOP)
Tank – Smart Set
Ballet flats – Alfred Sung
Leggings – Walmart (I KNOW, but they were only $6 dollars!)
Headband – Lululemon
Hours worn: 12 hours
Places visited: Work
Main activities: Staring out the window wishing for the day to be done. Days off, here I come!
Number of times I have worn this dress: First time. This tunic actually has a flaw in the fabric and I was so upset when I finished sewing it a couple of months ago that I tossed it into the closet and swore I’d never wear it. But after showing it to few girlfriends, who promised they couldn’t see anything wrong with it, I figured I’d give it a whirl. I’m glad I did because I really do love the pattern of this tunic, especially the back!
Wear again? Yes, although I may shorten it a little bit :) I will definitely be making the other versions of this pattern. I love sewing knit fabric = unfinished hems are okay!